• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Pearlie L.

Pearlie L.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 03:07 PM

I am in the Military and just started JC. I am on my second week. I weigh in on Fridays. Is there anyone looking for a support buddy because I surely could use one.  rolleyes.gif

#2 LolaWants

LolaWants

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 01:37 PM

QUOTE(Pearlie L. @ Jul 24 2009, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am in the Military and just started JC. I am on my second week. I weigh in on Fridays. Is there anyone looking for a support buddy because I surely could use one.  rolleyes.gif

I just joined JC on 23 Oct--are your still in the program?  or have you reached your goal?  'Cause if you are still in the fight, I could use the support:)  I am 5'4'' and my SW = 156.  GW is 135. I lost 2 lbs last week and I am excited about that, but I clearly have a long way to go.  So..... le'me know!

#3 marinemama923

marinemama923

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 03:37 PM

i am also in  the military and trying to lose my baby weight so i can reenlist. i have lost 8 lbs so far in the program. I have 18 more to go.

#4 Pearlie L.

Pearlie L.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE(LolaWants @ Oct 24 2009, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just joined JC on 23 Oct--are your still in the program?  or have you reached your goal?  'Cause if you are still in the fight, I could use the support:)  I am 5'4'' and my SW = 156.  GW is 135. I lost 2 lbs last week and I am excited about that, but I clearly have a long way to go.  So..... le'me know!

I sorry it took so long to reply but I have been consumed with work. I havent reached my goal yet. I am 10lbs away and I cant seem to stay on track. It helps when u have someone to talk to but everyone I know wants to loose weight but is not willing to put in the work to loose it. I 've lost 15lbs so far. A good friend told me u didnt gain it over night so ur not going to loose it over night. Good luck. I'm here if u need someone to talk to. I could give u my phone number or e-mail so that way u will have someone to talk to. I dont get on here often unless it's to get recipies. Just let me know.

#5 marinemama923

marinemama923

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 08:50 AM

QUOTE(Pearlie L. @ Dec 20 2009, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I was doing great for a while then I fell off. I over filled my plate with work and other things and I never ot the time to work out. But right now Im trying to get back on track. I've lost 15 lbs. so I'm trying to get back on track so I can loose the rest of the weight. Where are u stationed? I am at Ft. Lee, Va. Maybe we can help each other. If thats ok with u. I could give u my phone number and we can call each other when we feel weak and wanna pig out smile.gif   just let me know. I'm here if you need me. Good luck!!!!!!!!!

Im station over in yuma az.  My biggest struggle is the wanting to pig out thing. Last night my husband had kfc and it was like "hello, you know im on a diet why did you bring that stuff home!!!" But my biggest motovation is to run a high pft. i haven't ran a high one in about 2 years. Message me your phone number so we can keep in touch

#6 Pearlie L.

Pearlie L.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE(marinemama923 @ Dec 24 2009, 08:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im station over in yuma az.  My biggest struggle is the wanting to pig out thing. Last night my husband had kfc and it was like "hello, you know im on a diet why did you bring that stuff home!!!" But my biggest motovation is to run a high pft. i haven't ran a high one in about 2 years. Message me your phone number so we can keep in touch

I know exactly what you mean. I cook for my family every nite and my husband and my kids dont want healthy food they want junk food. My husband is like maybe 165 lbs soak and wet lol. So he doesnt have to worry about losing weight. Just hold strong. Dont give in to temptation!!! How was the holidays?? It was hard for me. It took all my might not to just pigggggg out on everything I saw. I getting ready to go to school that is going to make it harder for me. My number is 931-801-6233. When u  see him with somethong u want leave the room and get a piece of fruit that helped me whn I was in the early stage. Also u know how they have the extra stuff make sure you take advantage of that. You just dont know much that helps keep the sweet tooth down. Just amke sure you dont do it when ur hungry because you will want to eat more than what ur susposed to. Good Luck.Well the one thing that will help you is running in short burst and distance. Not trying to  burst your heart just enough to build u up. I used to run 19-20 mins. for my 2-mile run. Now I run 1546-1600 mins. my pesonal e-mail

#7 faerietrix

faerietrix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 02:49 PM

I am in the military as well smile.gif I started a few years ago to get down in weight to join (I only had 10 pounds to drop then) and now I am back on. A little older, a lot wiser!

#8 Audria

Audria

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:19 AM

QUOTE(faerietrix @ Apr 5 2010, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am in the military as well smile.gif I started a few years ago to get down in weight to join (I only had 10 pounds to drop then) and now I am back on. A little older, a lot wiser!

I am a reservist with 21 years in. My weight has always been a struggle for me. I am looking to lose 90 lbs. I am also looking to find an online buddy to help keep my motivation going. I lost weight during both of my deployments but have since gained it all back!  angry.gif

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w7eNonS/]

#9 meera21

meera21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 02:14 PM

Hey There, I'm in Military as well. I too just started JC this week smile.gif And..... I also weigh in on Friday's!!!!!!!!!!!  Hahahahaha perhaps we can link up and support each other look forward to hearing back from ya smile.gif

Meera

#10 Lynne11

Lynne11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:01 PM

Wow, I was thinking there would be a more recent post and was disappointed to see that the last post here for the Active Duty Military Clients was in November of last year.  

I just started my second week with WIs on Saturday.  Unlike the semi-annual WIs for the Army I am looking forward to my weekly WIs with my consultant.

Is anyone in the Military still active here?
--Lynne--

#11 tigerpaws79

tigerpaws79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:42 AM

Hey Lynne...I'm in the Air Force Reserves..I've been on JC for 4 months now..If ur looking for a support buddy i'm here!  cause I could use one smile.gif

#12 Carey_Strickland

Carey_Strickland

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:56 PM

Lynne, I just joined JC on Feb 3 and am in the  military and am so ready to not have to worry about dreading the weigh ins every 6 months. I have WI's on Thursdays i hope to be able to talk with you for support, I know wiht support you are always more successful.

#13 TMathews

TMathews

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:48 PM

Hi Lynne, I am active duty Air Force and have been on JC since last year. I have lost 22(ish) pounds and have 18 left to go. It's been rough going the last few weeks since the weight loss has come to a screeching halt. I am still working hard and hope to get to my goal weight (125) before the summer... although being stationed in hawaii it's kind of always summer.... but I figure 1 year to lose 40 pounds is more than enough time. Now if only I could get past this speedbump... I have weigh ins on tuesday evenings so here's hoping! I am so with you on the not wanting to worry about the military weigh ins every 6 months!

#14 chococat900

chococat900

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:59 PM

Hi,
I'm Melissa and I'm in the Army Reserves. I just joined JC today... my CW is 127.2 and my GW is 120. I know it's not much... but I'm only 5' tall so, for me, it is lol. Plus my max weight is 134 by army standards, and I'd like to put a little bit more than one large meal between me and being flagged. Currently flagged for PT, weighed 150 last spring and have lost most of the weight on my own. Just need help with the last 10 lbs or so... Needed a little more motivation, structure and encouragement. smile.gif Nice to see other military here, too

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

#15 Diva72

Diva72

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:46 AM

I too am in the military and I just signed up for the 1 year program yesterday and got the body media armband.  It's been tough for me to loose weight because the higher up in rank you go, the more you get away from doing pt with the troops or just doing pt at all. I work at a MEPS station and I'm the only military person in my section, I supervise 6 civilian employees and were always having potlucks or ordering out for lunch.  When I weighed in yesterday, it really hit home because I'm 5'7 and 200lbs popped up on the scale I nearly cried. Lucky for me I don't have any military schools to attend anymore, but I drop my retirement papers this june and I don't want to be one of those soldiers sitting at the retirement ceremony holding my breath because my uniform is too tight. I'm going to loose 30 pounds before the end of this year, that's my overall goal.  I too weigh in on fridays, I can't wait to see how I''ve did at the end of this week.  Good luck to you, hope to hear from you.  Erica in El Paso, TX.

#16 Amberlove21

Amberlove21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 01:12 PM

I just retired from the Army (Not by choice lol if anyone is wondering why I am so young and retired).  I was at schofield barracks, hi.  I am still in Hawaii because my hubby is still active duty here.  Since I left the Army thee months ago I gaind 30 pounds and decided to do something about it.  I have been on Jenny for 3 weeks and lost a total of 12.8 pounds!  STOKED!  Anyway I feel like it is a little different for us because we have a different mindset than some of the other people and it may be to our disadvantage.  For me I have to realize that running may not be the best exercise and be willing to try something else but I have tunnel vision lmao!   Maybe some of us can set up a fitness challenge to do or something that would be pretty sweet!

Amber
SW 197 (28 March 2011)

WK 1: (191.6) -5.4
WK 2: (187.4) -4.2
WK 3: (184.2) -3.2 First goal met!
WK 4: (181.4) -2.8 15.6 total pounds lost!
WK 5: (179.8) -1.6 Hello 170's!!!!!
WK 6: (179.0) -0.8 Yuk :(
WK 7: (174.2) -4.8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WK 8: (174.0) -.2 (TOM)   :( :( :(

LOST INFO DUE TO NEW BOARDS NOOOOOOO!

WK 17: (159.0) Hello 150s!
WK 18: (157.4) 12.4 pounds till GoOooOaL!!!!
WK 19 (155.6)  I have not been this small in 6 years!!!!!!
GW 145

Current weight:  GOAL!!!!

Posted Image

#17 Grlpwrd

Grlpwrd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:19 PM

I am an active duty AF nurse and due to my CRAZY work schedule and kiddos, I have gained a whopping 40 POUNDS over the past 2 years...and I am only 5'3"! Of course I failed my last PT test and despite working out with a trainer and dieting, I haven't lost squat over the past 45 days. I am getting desperate and am considering joining JC in hopes that it will help me with my weight loss. I am determined not to get on diet pills again, because although they do work-the weight always comes back :(
Posted Image

Week 1:   -1.6lbs   09/17/2012
Week 2:   -2.2lbs   09/23/2012
Week 3:   +1.8lbs  10/01/2012 (went to Disneyland this weekend)
Week 4:   -5.2lbs   10/07/2012

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users