27 replies to this topic

#1 candue

candue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 07:16 AM

I'm so upset. I had my gallbladder out just a few days ago. I've been reading on the internet about weight gain after your gallbladder is out. Some say they lost a lot of weight while many more seem to suggest you can't control your weight gain after the gallbladder is out. I'm a mess, very upset. I've worked so hard to lose this weight that seemed so impossible until we joined Jenny Craig. Now, I'm afraid that I'll gain it back and more and it will be out of my control. I wish I had more time to look into this before I had it removed but the attack I had was bad and tests showed a stone traveled all the way through into my intestine. I was lucky it didn't stop at the pancreas. We also have a vacation coming up in August to Disney World and it's a big deal for our family. I wanted to make sure I didn't have to be worried about getting an attack then. So I rushed through some research and missed a lot on weight gain after surgery. Some say the complaints about the weight gain are from people who have other issues not related to the gallbladder and don't realize it. Others swear it's impossible to lose once you have it removed.

If it's true that gallbladder removal makes it impossible to lose weight and I knew this before I had mine removed, I would have seeked other ways before turning to surgery.

Is there anyone who's had their gallbladder out and lost weight with Jenny Craig??? Was it any more difficult than before the surgery? Easier? Please I need some help here. I've had a brain tumor, kidney stones, a son with autism... I feel I can't take much more of this. sad.gif

Candue sad.gif

My Weight Chart:

09-08-08 128.0
08-25-08 128.8 (8/24-29)
08-18-08 130.2 Back from 10 day vacation
08-02-08 126.2 ONE POUND AWAY FROM GOAL!!!
07-26-08 128.0
07-19-08 128.2 (7/23-28) BACK ON TRACK!
07-12-08 131.2 --ate @ a party (too much), didn't drink water, extra chs curls
07-05-08 128.8
06-28-08 129.9 (6/28-7/3)
06-21-08 132.1 (gallbladder surgery 6-25-08)
06-13-08 133.2
06-07-08 134.3 (6/5-11) gallbladder attack
05-30-08 135.8
05-23-08 136.1
05-16-08 136.7
05-11-08 no WI (5/12-18)
05-04-08 139.2
04-27-09 139.5
04-20-08 141.0
04-13-08 143.0 (4/15-21)
04-06-08 146.2
03-30-08 151.0[/size]

#2 Abbaskid78

Abbaskid78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 08:45 AM

I just found out I have gallstones and am going to see a surgeon on July 7th. I am concerned about weight gain, too. Thanks for your post. I will be looking to see if anyone replies to it and shares their experience about weight loss on Jenny after gallbladder removal!

Mary

#3 candue

candue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 02:02 PM

Mary,
How have you been feeling lately, since the attack? Drink water, a LOT of it. Stop chewing gum and stay away from artificial sweetners. All that can aggravate your whole system.

Because of our Disney World vacation, I knew that if I wanted to do the surgery, I'd have to do it soon. I wish I had more time to try other things but who knows. That's why I posted here because we all have set losing weight as a priority. For me, if I find that taking this gallbladder out will stop me from losing weight, I will certainly regret having it removed.

I can tell you what it's like during and after surgery. It's not bad at all! Not at all! I know everyone is different but I really found this to be almost too easy so far and not a bad as I've read from other forums on gallbladder removal.

I think the water I drank and the long walks I took before the surgery helped a lot. I started drinking water (much more than Jenny Craig even says to) a couple days before surgery. I think it helped because my whole system felt better by the 2nd day. I would drink a whole glass by the fridge and then fill it up again to sip on for the next hour. Then I'd do it again an hour or two later. I'm still drinking water now but back to as much as Jenny Craig recommends now -8x8oz/day.

You may get your period a couple days after the surgery. I got mine a few days after (today) and it's about a week early. This for some reason is common. I've read about it and almost expected it even though the doctors didn't say a word about it.

That's what i can't stand the most is that I don't think doctors tell you all on what to expect after the surgery. I'm sure part of the reason is because they aren't sure what you will have as a result of the surgery but they should have SOME idea. I would have liked to know about my period from my doctor instead of reading it on the internet. Makes me wonder what else is correct on the internet that I wasn't told about. For example, the bowel 'dumping' as they call it. YIKES it sounds nasty. And the one thing that can avoid it completely is by eating a low fat diet (Jenny Craig is very low fat by the way and I'm back on it 100% no problems yet).

SO.... I hope someone helps us out to prepare or give us some advise. I am very upset and wish I had tried other things first. Still... would that have been too dangerous?

I wish all the best for you!!! If you have any questions at all, I will be very upfront and honest and let you know how it is. Actually, it's been very easy so far so you wont get upset from me. It's what else is on the net in other forums that might. angry.gif If these people's experiences are out of the ordinary and they are writing this stuff, they should not be talking as if that's the way it is for most of us who have had their gallbladder out. It's very upsetting to hear some of this. I certainly hope it's not the end of weight loss or a healthy body weight after gallbladder surgery.

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU AND MANY PRAYERS YOUR WAY MARY!!!!
(hug)
Candue smile.gif

My Weight Chart:

09-08-08 128.0
08-25-08 128.8 (8/24-29)
07-26-08 128.0
07-05-08 128.8
06-13-08 133.2
05-30-08 135.8
05-23-08 136.1
05-16-08 136.7
05-11-08 no WI (5/12-18)
05-04-08 139.2
04-27-09 139.5
04-20-08 141.0
04-13-08 143.0 (4/15-21)
04-06-08 146.2
03-30-08 151.0[/size]

#4 mo222

mo222

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 02:44 PM

Candue and Mary,

I had my galbladder out on January 29th of this year and was not a JC client at that time. I had been watching what I was eating before the surgery on my own, also drinking lots of water.

With my surgery, they were not able to do it lapriscopically, so my recovery time was much longer than yours Candue.

The good news is that I am losing weight on JC!!! The weight may be coming off a little slower than it did before, but it's still coming off and I am also 50. I never had the bowel problems that you were speaking of Candue - just like everything else, things affect everyone differently.

Many different types of food set off the galbladder attacks for different people. Mine was gum, cinnamon, carrots - many acidy foods. Most other people I've talked to, it is greasy foods.

Hope this helps you both. If you want to ask any other questions, go ahead and I promise to be honest with you both.

Best of luck to you both
Mo

March 31/08-May 31: -10"
June 1-June 22: -4"
June 23-July 19: -3.5"
July 20-Aug 16: -4.5"
Aug 17-Sept 20: -2.5"
Sept 21-Oct 25: -2.0"
Oct 26-Nov 29: -2.0"
Nov 30-Jan 3: -2.0"
Jan 4-Feb 28: -2.0" total -32.5"
Mar 14: reached goal!!!
March 28/09 1 full year on program: LOST 36" AND 40.4 lbs

#5 yourloanlady

yourloanlady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 06:54 PM

I had my gallbladder removed when I was at my highest weight. What usually causes issues with your gallbladder is your diet. It doesn't matter if you have a gallbladder or not, it's what you are eating and how much you move around that determines your weight. I actually lost all my weight after gallbladder removal, but not because the removal made it easier to diet or my body reacted differently to food. I was just so embarrassed about the fact I was eating such a poor diet that I needed it removed. It made me realize I needed to change my habits or future health problems would be a reality for me. The bottom line is, don't think one way or the other that having your gallbladder moved or not removed will affect your weight-loss. The only thing that affects your weight-loss is eating less and moving around more. It's as simple as that. Hope you're feeling better. My recuperation was similar to my c-section when I had my baby. The first few days are sore and uncomfortable, but I didn't need any pain medication past the 2nd day and was perfectly fine within a week or so.

Sherie

#6 wldgrl

wldgrl

Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 03:27 AM

I had a major gall bladder attack the week before Thanksgiving three years ago. In the space of 2 years I had finally lost 60 pounds. I'd heard that losing weight fast could trigger an attack but I was surprised when this made for a trip to the ER. Having too many hours inbetween meals was what triggered my attack. I have to be really careful about eating anything fatty on an empty stomach.

I never had the surgery and haven't had any symptoms since. I have gained back a few pounds, though, and I am going to be really careful with the JC program.
Margaret's 6 Magic Ingredients

1. I can do it.
2. This is how I want to eat now.
3. Move it - 10-20 minutes 3-times a day is easy!
4. Your support group cares how you feel - food doesn't.
5. Live, love, laugh in the moment.
6. Small changes lead to big results.

My Weight Chart:
Posted Image
>
5/20 - Back to plan after self-imposed maintenance!

#7 candue

candue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 04:59 PM

MO, Sherie, and Wldgl,

I can't tell you how much it helps to hear that our weight is still in our control after gallbladder surgery. I read a post in another forum (on gallbladder removal) where one woman said she weighed 130 prior to any gallbladder attack or surgery. She said she had no weight issues. One day she had an attack which required the surgery and 10 months after surgery she ended up weighing 175lbs! She said she tried everything. Others jumped in and said their weight went drastically up and they were extremely upset and found nothing would help.

I read that on day 3 and went into a tailspin. I can handle hard work to lose weight and I've been doing it very well since I joined Jenny Craig. What I can't stand is even the thought that I could work hard, do it all right and then no progress. That would drive me nuts. I think for the first time, I'd turn to medication to help (with weight loss AND depression at that point!).

So your stories are a huge help. May be there's more to the story from those gals at the other forum that claim all their weight problems are from teh gallbladder. I think ANY surgery makes you gain if you don't get back into the swing. I went through brain surgery about 8 yrs ago and I gained after that. Our systems get zapped and our energy goes down. This time (now that I'm a surgery patient pro) I'm walking a lot to get my energy back and resting too.

Oh and Mary: the water idea actually came from the surgical team nurse. She told me the water builds blood volume and helps make the whole process go smoother.

Please if someone else has more, please, please add! The more informed is better. I'd rather know, either way it went for you!!

THANKS!
candue smile.gif

My Weight Chart:

09-08-08 128.0
08-25-08 128.8 (8/24-29)
07-26-08 128.0
07-05-08 128.8
06-13-08 133.2
05-30-08 135.8
05-23-08 136.1
05-16-08 136.7
05-11-08 no WI (5/12-18)
05-04-08 139.2
04-27-09 139.5
04-20-08 141.0
04-13-08 143.0 (4/15-21)
04-06-08 146.2
03-30-08 151.0[/size]

#8 soready

soready

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 05:55 PM

Hi,
I have had my gallbladder removed in 1996 a few months after I had my son. I can tell you that for me I didn't even know you could gain weight after it was removed. I did not gain any unusual amount of weight due to the surgery. I have lossed 70lbs years after the surgery. I have gained back 30 of those pounds in the past 2-3 years. It was the way I was eating that made me gain that weight not the surgery. Too many calories, not enough exercise is the cause. I am now back on track with jenny and have lost 7lbs. I don't think you should worry. My mom also had hers removed in november 2007. She actually has lost weight. Hope this helps.
cool.gif
][url="http://www.TickerFac...loss/w1DArlF/"]

Week 1 -6 lbs
Week 2 -1 lb

#9 Abbaskid78

Abbaskid78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:19 PM

Candue,

Thanks for telling me about how your surgery went and how your recovery is going. I see the surgeon for the first time on July 7th. I am getting really scared. I have never had any kind of surgery before. I am reading lots of scary things about laproscopic surgery. Thanks for the tip about the water. I don't usually drink much water.

Were you aware of anything during the surgery itself? I don't want to be aware of anything while the surgery is happening. I am also wondering how much I need to move around after surgery to prevent blood clots.

Anything else you remember that you think would be good for me to know, I'd appreciate. I am going to be pretty nervous until this is all over!

I am glad to hear from everyone on this thread that removal of a gallbladder shouldn't affect weight loss. I was pretty depressed after reading those websites, too. You and I must have been reading the same sites. My sister says I should just stay off those sites.

You asked about my attacks. Mine are fairly mild, but quite frequent. I have pain every day or two. I just decided I ought to get it checked out. When the doctor sent me for an ultrasound, they found the gallstones.

Well, I hope you are feeling better and better after your surgery. When is your Disney vacation? My sister and her family went in April. It was their first trip. My sister says she'd go back at a moment's notice!

Thanks, again!

Mary

#10 candue

candue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:43 PM

Hi Mary,
Sorry I didn't respond till tonight. I was out all day yesterday and today at a workshop for my son (Lindamood Bell V/V program for reading help). I'm doing pretty darn good!

Don't be worried. I was too though and yea, we must have read the same darn awful websites. I wish people wouldn't post such bad experiences acting like that's the norm.

I'll tell you step by step what happened for me while it's still fresh in my mind and I'm remembering it mainly because it wasn't bad at all.

Someone from the hospital called me a few days before surgery and told me no metal anything on me (i.e. earrings), wear sweat pants or lose clothes and a button down shirt is good (easier to get into). I wore my sandles so they were easy to get into as well (after the surgery). This is also when I was told to drink that water and try to stay away from fat (brings down inflamation which is good to avoid before surgery).

I was scheduled for surgery at 10:45 but told to go in 2 hrs earlier. My husband came and my mom (yes, my mommy came too and I'm over 40. wink.gif I admit too it was nice having her there.)

They put me in and outpatient room. I was told that if after the surery I feel any nausia, to tell them and they can give me something for that (through the IV). I asked about what the chances were to be cut instead of teh lapro method and the nurse told me that they haven't had to do that method in years!!! The doc came to say hello and tell me that the first surgery he did went fast so they were taking me in more around 10:20. I had to get into a gown (nothing on under it) and put their nice non-skid socks on. I laid there for a while in the bed and then it was time.

They wheeled me into this huge room and there were about 7 people all gowned up saying "HI!" One nurse was so funny saying, "hey we are having a party for you!" I said, "oh well... this is not the kind of party I really wanted guys." We laughed a bit over some things as we waited for the surgeon. He came in and then.......

I woke up, eyes still shut and I heard some people say hi to me. I asked "did they do it lapro?" I got a yes and fell back to sleep with what felt like hours but probably was a few minutes. blink.gif At one point I was completely awake and realized.. NO PAIN! NONE!

I should tell you Mary that I've had brain surgery to remove a benign tumor and that was the worst thing I have ever physically been through. I had no break from pain for DAYS and there was no position or drug that would help. I'll spare you the details but it was so bad it made my fears of this surgery out of perspective (before I had it of course). To know that with this surgery I could have time of no pain meant so much to me.

SO.. I realized that if I just laid flat there, I really didn't feel anything and I wasn't sick. To me this was heaven compared to that brain surgery! Ok, so if I tried to roll either way, ouch. But at least I had a spot I could get releaf!!!!

I was told to take deep breaths because it helps to get rid of the gas inside me still and getting rid of as much as possible now was very good to help avoid pain later (also moving and walking later when your able helps too). The gas is used after your out and helps them see. Unfortunately it's not all out of you when they are done and can travel a little. It's very common to have it travel to your right shoulder and that does hurt but try moving if it really bothers you -a different position sometimes help. Walking later and taking deep breaths now (even coughing while holding your stiched areas in with a pillow) help get rid of that gas. The more you get rid of now the better! Ask them about breathing and coughing to get rid of it.

They wanted me to try and eat a cracker so they could give me Vicoden. The cracker was so I had 'something' in my stomach before taking the pill and then less likely to throw up. I could only get one down (took some time too just because my mouth was dry and I drank water instead). Anyway, I was soooo nervous about walking. I could not see how on earth I'd ever get out of that bed! About 15 min. after the vokoden was taken, a nurse comes in, tells me to use my arms and pull with her hand but NOT TO USE my stomach muscles at any time. I sat up with her help very easy. Then she had me sit there for a moment. She told me to get my feet planted on the ground and use my leg muscles (not my stomach) to get up. Next minute ya know I'm walking around and it was EASY! smile.gif

They brought me my clothes and then I'm signing papers to go home and I'm out of there! It was hard on the ride home and then getting up the stairs and into bed but I knew once I got into bed, I'd be fine and I was. The nurse also told me that laying on my left was better (the 'holes' were on my right side) and she said to use a pillow to sort of support my stomach a bit (gently). It does help and I still do that at night.

That was last Wednesday. On Thursday, I walked half a mile and kept drinking the water. I also had more crackers. Although they told me I wouldn't want to eat, I really did want to so I had some watermelon. The next day (just last Friday), I walked a mile (split up during the day). Each time I did a walk, I had a pain killer before I went out and I drank a lot of water after wards. I started eating Jenny Craig and almost had a full days worth of food that day too. I'd zonk after walking too. Saturday I was full on the Jenny Craig plan again, went to see my counselor (they were shocked to see me!) and had a mini meltown there. UGH I'm so embarrassed. That's why I posted here for help. I kept reading those darn websites about weight gain and all these horrible things (all of which haven't happened to me yet except my period was a week early -right after the surgery). My counselor was WONDERFUL. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE HER FOR HELPING ME. She got me back on track. She said all the right things and I felt like may be she was right. I would tell her what all these sites were saying about weight gain being out of their control and she'd say, "but that's not you and you know that, that's not you. You DO have control...." She told me about her female operation and how that's suppose to make you gain... she was so wonderful!

Anyway, she also told my husband to block those darn websites that make gallbladder surgery look like a life alter event. So far for me Mary, it's not at all. In fact, I haven't had a backache since the day of the surgery (after it). I swore it was the way I was sitting on the couch and my husband would laugh. May be he's right and it was the darn gallbladder all along! I also feel better in my digestive system (all the way through). I still burp (sometimes a lot for a few minutes after I eat) but it's not even near what I used to do before. It's a very mild burp. I think the low fat Jenny Craig is doing well because I haven't been sick or nautous or anything. I do have some tightness around the 'holes'.

OH! You will feel very tight in your upper tummy or just under the breast area right after surgery and might feel pain in your shoulder too. This is from the gas they pump into your system to help them see and it's not a big deal. It really got me sick when I heard they did that but it's not bad at all. Walking and moving around helps to get rid of the gas so get on your feet once your home and move around or take a little walk with someone who can help you if you need it.

It will be one week tomorrow since my surgery and I'm almost feeling back to normal minus the stiched areas -which have bandaids on them that I leave alone.

I can't think of anything else right now. I tried to give a good step by step to make up for those darn awful stories you've read!!!

Please let me know how your doing Mary!!! I'll say a prayer for you that things go well for you too!!!

(hug)
candue smile.gif
p.s. we go on vacation in about a month! YEY!!!

My Weight Chart:

09-08-08 128.0
08-25-08 128.8 (8/24-29)
07-26-08 128.0
07-05-08 128.8
06-13-08 133.2
05-30-08 135.8
05-23-08 136.1
05-16-08 136.7
05-11-08 no WI (5/12-18)
05-04-08 139.2
04-27-09 139.5
04-20-08 141.0
04-13-08 143.0 (4/15-21)
04-06-08 146.2
03-30-08 151.0[/size]

#11 Abbaskid78

Abbaskid78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 08:13 AM

Candue,

Thank you for all the information you've given me about the process of gallbladder removal! It is very reassuring and helpful. I hope your recovery is still going well!

I go to the surgeon for the first time, tomorrow. I will post here what I find out. Meanwhile, I weighed in today at Jenny's and found out I've reached my half-way mark! Yeah!!!

I might be asking you some more questions later! I am going to refer to your posts a lot leading up to my surgery if the surgeon says I need surgery!

Mary

#12 kathytnt1

kathytnt1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 09:33 AM

I just don't understand physiologically why removing the gall bladder would cause a problem with weight gain. I could see why some people might have a little more indigestion but not weight gain. Any problem with digestion can be resolved with digestive enzymes from a health food store.

#13 candue

candue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:08 PM

Kathytnt1,
I'm not sure if enzymes would help but I might look into that. I haven't had any bad side effects since the surgery so far. I know that omega, eating more often with smaller meals during the day and not sleeping with food in your tummy is good if your having problems. I was recently at a party though and had a couple glasses of wine and a very nice dinner (only 3rd time off the JC plan for a portion of a day). I had no real bad side effects at all and I"m LOOKING for any. wink.gif I'll keep enzymes in mind though. I had used enzymes for my son while he was on a gluten free/casein free diet for his autism. It worked wonders!

Mary,
How did it go? I think you said you would meet with the doctor on the 7th and I was thinking about you. May be you are able to wait for surgery. My husband and my mother both have gallbladder trouble but were never told to have the surgery. Anyway, I'm thinking about you!

Candue

My Weight Chart:

09-08-08 128.0
08-25-08 128.8 (8/24-29)
07-26-08 128.0
07-05-08 128.8
06-13-08 133.2
05-30-08 135.8
05-23-08 136.1
05-16-08 136.7
05-11-08 no WI (5/12-18)
05-04-08 139.2
04-27-09 139.5
04-20-08 141.0
04-13-08 143.0 (4/15-21)
04-06-08 146.2
03-30-08 151.0[/size]

#14 kathytnt1

kathytnt1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 06:59 AM

Look for a broad spectrum enyzme with lipase, protease, lactase etc. We eat so much cooked food that we kill the enzymes in the food.

#15 Abbaskid78

Abbaskid78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:25 PM

Candue and Kathy,

Hi! I have my gallbladder surgery on this coming Monday, July 14th. I got a second opinion. They both said it should come out, but it is elective, since it is not to the point of rupturing, so I still have a few days until surgery. I decided to go with the second surgeon I met with. He is calm and easy-going, and set my mind at ease. He was also willing to take time to sit down and answer all my questions. I feel good about the surgeon I chose.

I am getting nervous! Candue, I am printing off your notes so I can go over them to remind myself of some of the things you said. Thanks, again!

Meanwhile, I reached my halfway mark on Sunday!!!

I am glad to hear you aren't having any major side effects, Candue!

Mary

#16 candue

candue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 05:39 PM

Mary,
Don't be scared. This has got to be the easiest surgery. I had kidney stones taken out several years ago (yes, that too sad.gif ) and the recovery from that was worse than the gallbladder removal.

I know how you feel but try to put that energy to good use. I spent a week getting the house in order, shopping done, bills out... Then I could just go home and relax, no stress that I had to do something other than focus on getting better.

I just hope and pray you have a super easy recovery like I did OR BETTER!

CONGRATS ON YOUR HALFWAY MARK!!!!!!! WHOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!

(hug)
candue

My Weight Chart:

09-08-08 128.0
08-25-08 128.8 (8/24-29)
07-26-08 128.0
07-05-08 128.8
06-13-08 133.2
05-30-08 135.8
05-23-08 136.1
05-16-08 136.7
05-11-08 no WI (5/12-18)
05-04-08 139.2
04-27-09 139.5
04-20-08 141.0
04-13-08 143.0 (4/15-21)
04-06-08 146.2
03-30-08 151.0[/size]

#17 Abbaskid78

Abbaskid78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 06:53 PM

Candue,

Thanks for the congratulations on my halfway mark! I will try to do what you said and put the nervous energy to good use in the next couple of days!

I will post to you after surgery, when I feel up to it! Thanks, again! You have helped a lot in letting me know some of your experiences!

Mary

#18 candue

candue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 03:57 AM

Mary,
I hope your surgery went well. I'm thinking about you!!!

(hug)
candue smile.gif
p.s. wonder how much a gallbladder weighs. rolleyes.gif

My Weight Chart:

09-08-08 128.0
08-25-08 128.8 (8/24-29)
07-26-08 128.0
07-05-08 128.8
06-13-08 133.2
05-30-08 135.8
05-23-08 136.1
05-16-08 136.7
05-11-08 no WI (5/12-18)
05-04-08 139.2
04-27-09 139.5
04-20-08 141.0
04-13-08 143.0 (4/15-21)
04-06-08 146.2
03-30-08 151.0[/size]

#19 greeneyes2luv

greeneyes2luv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:22 AM

Hey Jenny Craigers!
I too had my gall bladder out about 5 months ago. I have to tell you it is the best thing I ever did for myself. I gained a lot of weight afterward but I truly believe its because I was able to eat without pain after the surgery and did just that... a LOT! I took 3 days off from work afterwards and after that I was fine. I've been on Jenny Craig for 1 week now and have lost 7 lbs. so I definitely think losing weight afterwards is not impossible!! I also believe there are people out there who are willing to blame anything they can on not being able to lose weight... except their own eating habits. So keep your chin up... this will be fine. And good luck!!
"You've got to say, ""I think that if I keep working at this and want it badly enough I can have it."" It's called perseverance."
Lee Iacocca

#20 Christine2264

Christine2264

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:35 AM

QUOTE(candue @ Jun 28 2008, 07:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm so upset. I had my gallbladder out just a few days ago. I've been reading on the internet about weight gain after your gallbladder is out. Some say they lost a lot of weight while many more seem to suggest you can't control your weight gain after the gallbladder is out. I'm a mess, very upset. I've worked so hard to lose this weight that seemed so impossible until we joined Jenny Craig. Now, I'm afraid that I'll gain it back and more and it will be out of my control. I wish I had more time to look into this before I had it removed but the attack I had was bad and tests showed a stone traveled all the way through into my intestine. I was lucky it didn't stop at the pancreas. We also have a vacation coming up in August to Disney World and it's a big deal for our family. I wanted to make sure I didn't have to be worried about getting an attack then. So I rushed through some research and missed a lot on weight gain after surgery. Some say the complaints about the weight gain are from people who have other issues not related to the gallbladder and don't realize it. Others swear it's impossible to lose once you have it removed.

If it's true that gallbladder removal makes it impossible to lose weight and I knew this before I had mine removed, I would have seeked other ways before turning to surgery.

Is there anyone who's had their gallbladder out and lost weight with Jenny Craig??? Was it any more difficult than before the surgery? Easier? Please I need some help here. I've had a brain tumor, kidney stones, a son with autism... I feel I can't take much more of this. sad.gifI had my gallbladder out a year ago last march 17th 2007.I lost weight after my surgeon showed me a picture he took of my insides.So..I made up my mind to do a complete lifestyle change.Fro March 20th- July 21st 2007,i lost 60lbs eating vegetables, lots of fruit ,35 grams of fiber etc....I also started walking and by July 21st i could walk 15 miles in an hour and a half give or take...
I went to my 25th class reunion, and got together with my former high school sweetheart.we hadn't seen each other in 25 years. We fell in love and have beentogether since. So..we both have gain weight!!! I gained the 60 back and more.I am on a mission this time will be my last time to lose weight.I am doing it for health reasons, to look and feel better, and to be pretty at my wedding( I have never been married.
as for my Gallbladder, I have dumping Syndrome(not kidding you,ask your doctor)I live in the bathroom. I have had the runs 90% time since my gallbladder cameout. Why/ my body doesn't realize my gall bladder is gone and for some people it takes 6 months -2years for your body to adjust. I am loosing weight.Cheer up,JC does all the calorie counting and all the work for you,just eat her product, exercise,write in ajournal when your frustrated,like i do. Get a buddyfor suport and for your exercising needs. I took that weight loss pill that came over the counter called "ALLI" last year under my doctors care and it helped me loose more weight.Try that,but talk to your doctor before doing it. If you ever need to talk,my name is Christine,just message me or e-mail me.I need support,you need suport! i hope your family,friends and co-workers are supporting you too.It is so important! take Care lkeep in touch and let me know how you are doing. smile.gif tongue.gif cool.gif unsure.gif rolleyes.gif Candue sad.gif

rolleyes.gif
CHRISTINE2264 weight loss-diet ticker

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users