6 replies to this topic

#1 Kinsey Rose

Kinsey Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 04:00 PM

Hi everyone. I just got my sister to join Jenny! She's doing it all online since there is no center anywhere near her. But she's not getting much directions on line, so I thought I'd turn to you for help.

She really wanted a planned menu rather than just a "make it your own" menu, so I thought I'd open up the menu and put it into a table and send it to her, but when I click on the 1700-2300 calorie menu, I can't tell what food is included at 1700 calories. For instance, it lists the sandwich at the end of the day, but I know that's just for the 2300 plan.

Can you all tell me what is included, other than the meals, for a 1700 calorie plan?

Thanks!
k
Highest weight: 257
SW: 242
CW: 202
GW: 175
Began JC in May, 2007
May weight loss: 9 lbs
June weight loss: 2 lbs (hmph!)
July weight loss: 2 lbs (OK, this is getting old)
August weight loss: 3.8
September weight loss: 4.6 (I hope things are turning around!)
October weight loss: 5.4 (yay!)
November weight loss: 1.8 (lots of travel and Thanksgiving)
December weight loss: 1.2 (sad month-- December doesn't count)
January weight loss: 4.2
February weight loss: 1.6
March weight loss: 2.6
April weight loss: 0! (WTF?!! I started exercising 4 days a week! Grrr!)
May weight loss: 2.0

#2 Penn Stater93

Penn Stater93

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 05:06 PM

I wish I knew the answer to this for you. I was on the 1,200 calorie plan so I don't want to steer you wrong.

But I think your sister (or you) can call the help number (it's free and available 24/7 for support):

1-800-JennyCare

Posted Image

CW 164.4 (12/21/11)
GW 150

NEW ATTITUDE! I will SUCCEED!
9/18/10 My starting weight is 171.4 lb
1/15/11 168.4
4/9/11 167.2 Now I'm boxing!
9/15/11 166.4
12/17/11 164.4

Goal for next week: 163 lb
My goal - to lose 21.4 lb (12.5% of my body weight to lose)
Final weight goal - 150 lb

#3 anyname27

anyname27

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 11:55 AM

Did she order her food already? If so, they should have sent the planned menu in the box with the food. If they forgot to include it, have her call the customer service number.

Ht: 5'5"
SW 154.8
CW 149.6
GW 140

#4 Kinsey Rose

Kinsey Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 05:35 PM

She didn't get much help online (and they didn't include a menu). I told my JCC, tho, and she came to the rescue. She gave me a stack of menus to send to her and told my sister that she could consider her her counselor and to call her whenever she had any questions. She's the best-- I know not everyone has a great experience with their JCC, but I got really lucky with mine!

Thanks for your help!
k
Began JC in May, 2007

#5 roise

roise

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE(Kinsey Rose @ May 9 2008, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
She didn't get much help online (and they didn't include a menu). I told my JCC, tho, and she came to the rescue. She gave me a stack of menus to send to her and told my sister that she could consider her her counselor and to call her whenever she had any questions. She's the best-- I know not everyone has a great experience with their JCC, but I got really lucky with mine!
Thanks for your help!
k

im glad she was able to help your sister - i am also on the 1700 and have had queations my jcc when i see her is awesome but i have to call the help line with alot of silly questions cause i can never seem to reach her or i think of things late at night after the center is closed like tonight i need to ask what are the free vegetables? is there somewhere i can find a list ? good luck to you both

#6 Kinsey Rose

Kinsey Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 04:49 AM

Hi Roise. The free veggies are the non-starchy veggies: artichoke, asparagus, beans, bean sprouts, beets, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, celery, cucumber, eggplant, greens, jicama, leeks, mushrooms, okra, onions, pea pods, peppers, radishes, salad greens, sauerkraut, summer squash, tomatoes (and tomato paste and tomato sauce), turnips, vegetable juice, water chestnuts and zucchini.

Good luck!
k
Began JC in May, 2007

#7 Penn Stater93

Penn Stater93

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 05:00 AM

QUOTE(roise @ May 11 2008, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im glad she was able to help your sister - i am also on the 1700 and have had queations my jcc when i see her is awesome but i have to call the help line with alot of silly questions cause i can never seem to reach her or i think of things late at night after the center is closed like tonight i need to ask what are the free vegetables? is there somewhere i can find a list ? good luck to you both

It takes a little while to get the hang of all the stuff on Jenny Craig. It's totally fine to call 1-800-JennyCares any time you need it and when you can't reach your consultant.

You probably have a 1700 calorie menu that helps you plan your meals each day (sometimes a consultant may forget to give you one, but be sure to ask for one each week). If you look on the back of it, there should be a list of "Free Foods"

Also ask for the little Jenny Craig pocket guide "Jenny's Grocery List." It's free from your consultant and lists all the measurements and free foods.

Here's the list (including veggies):

Unlimited free foods:

Free Beverages: coffee, tea, diet soda, diet tonic, club soda, carbonated or mineral water, sugar free drink mixes (0 calories). If you choose to decrease your caffeine intake, do so gradually

Sugar Substitutes: Equal, Splenda, Sweey & Low, Sweet One (0 calories)

Sugar Free Gelatin Dessert (0-10 calories)

Sugar Free Gum (0-10 calories)

Flavor enhancers: Low sodium bouillon/broth, catsup, extracts, garlic, herbs (fresh or dried), horseradish, lemon juice, lime juice, mustard, pickles, pimiento, salsa, spices, light soy sauce, taco sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire Sauce,(0-25 calories)

FREE NON-STARCHY VEGETABLES: Artichoke, Asparagus, Beans (green, wax, Italian), Bean Sprouts, beets, broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, celery, cucumber, eggplant, greens (collard, kale, mustard, turnip), jicama, leeks, mushrooms, okra, onions, pea pods, peppers (all varieties), radishes, salad greens (endive, escarole, lettuce, romaine, spinach), sauerkraut, Summer Squash (crookneck, yellow), tomatoes/tomato paste/tomato sauce, turnips, low sodium Vegetable Juice, water chestnuts, Zucchini

LIMITED (you can have up to 3 servings of the following foods each day):

whipped topping or syrup (sugar free) - 1 TB (10-25 calories)

Jenny's Cuisine Lite Table Syrup - 1 packet (35 calories)

Sugar Free Candy - 1 piece (10-20 calories)

Fat Free Condiments: 1 TB of cocoa powder, cream cheese, low sugar jelly, margarine, mayonnaise, non-dairy creamer, salad dressing, sour cream (10-30 calories)

Fruits: 1/2 cup: cantaloupe, grapefruit, strawberries, watermelon (20-30 calories)

NOTE: the vegetables that are NOT FREE are starchy and count as starches, like: corn, peas, potatoes, winter squash (acorn, butternut, pumpkin, spaghetti), and yams
Posted Image

CW 164.4 (12/21/11)
GW 150

NEW ATTITUDE! I will SUCCEED!
9/18/10 My starting weight is 171.4 lb
1/15/11 168.4
4/9/11 167.2 Now I'm boxing!
9/15/11 166.4
12/17/11 164.4

Goal for next week: 163 lb
My goal - to lose 21.4 lb (12.5% of my body weight to lose)
Final weight goal - 150 lb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users