26 replies to this topic

#1 fabixavi

fabixavi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:56 AM

Hi Everyone,

So my name is Fabian. I was wondering if there where any other gay guys doing jenny craig?
I am about to start tomarrow and I know what my issue is, that would be exersices. I have never
been a fan, but i do like it when i get into my episodes and i run and workout and sweat off the pounds.

so again Just saying HI to all the Jenny Craigers on board.

oh and im starting at 185 lbs.
and lossing 30.

#2 california_dave

california_dave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:00 AM

You're not alone!  I think that word just needs to get out that there a number of gay men out there doing JC.  I hate exercise too.  I'm trying to foce myself to do the eliptical trainer in my home by watching an episode of Queer as Folk each week and break it up into a couple of sessions either 20 minutes or 30 minutes depending on the episode!  I'm finding that it's not so bad when you're not focused on the clock.

Hope you are successful and that more guys join into this forum.

Dave biggrin.gif

#3 Jim715

Jim715

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 12:37 PM

Hey guys . . . I'm another gay guy who started JC two weeks ago, and exercise is going to be a major challenge for me too!  I'm in Pleasant Hill (SF Inland East Bay) and going to law school.  The first two weeks have been good (9 lbs total) but I know it'll slow down now -- it's encouraging to see other guys here since my center (like most I guess) seems to be suburban housewives!
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Jim

#4 bosstbone

bosstbone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 11:49 AM

I'll throw my hat into the ring. I"m gay and I actually work at Jenny Craig!

Talk to me!

~ Jason

Empower Yourself, Don't Enable Yourself!

YOUTUBE WEIGHT LOSS BLOG!!
Come watch!

JASON'S YOUTUBE WEIGHT LOSS CHANNEL

#5 california_dave

california_dave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 03:12 PM

OK...so now that we know that are at least four of us.....we can't all be in Northern California.  I see that we have Sacramento, Fairfield, and Pleasant Hill represented.  Where are all the rest of the guys?

So what do you find as the biggest challenge thus far?  For me it's traveling.  I just came back from a week long stay in Vegas and found that I had put back on some of my weight loss.  Arrgh!  

Is everyone exercising or have any of you figured out other ways to get around the "E" word?

Dave

Jason~  Perhaps you can give us some tips.

#6 fabixavi

fabixavi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 10:47 AM

nothing is going to be easy on the "E" word.
its just about doing it. we all have 30 min to spare here and there. so its more of a
mental game then anything else.

those are my 2 cents on that topic

#7 bosstbone

bosstbone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE(fabixavi @ Apr 26 2008, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nothing is going to be easy on the "E" word.
its just about doing it. we all have 30 min to spare here and there. so its more of a
mental game then anything else.
those are my 2 cents on that topic

Exercise isn't easy... I won't lie. It's the one thing I'm not too good at. I actually do a video blog on youtube... try searching for tbossbone, and you'll find my videos.

I just bought a gazelle and I'll use it as soon as I get it in the mail.

The honest truth is I lose 81 pounds doing just food.... I've reached the point that in order to get to my goal I NEED to exercise, so that's my current struggle.

For advice I would say make it fun. Incorporate music... make a play list on your ipod that is the exact length of time you'd like to exercise and make it your goal to not stop until the music does.

Play games: tennis, swimming, dancing, fun stuff...

It's not easy... but if you get into that groove, it'll work.

For those of you not shy, join that group I'm a member of on youtube, and we'll support you!

~ Jason

(tbossbone on aim, bosstbone on yahoo)

Come watch!

#8 california_dave

california_dave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 01:33 PM

Thanks all for the ideas and support.  I did actually get on the eliptical trainer for 20 minutes yesterday and was able to do it by not paying attention to the exercise but to the episode of Will & Grace that I was watching at the same time.  

So perhaps the easiest way to accomplish this is to do another activity and have the "E" word be the multi-tasking that is going on rather than the purpose for being in the room.

Hope you all are doing well.

Dave

#9 fabixavi

fabixavi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:08 AM

Dave.

i think you got it.

#10 bosstbone

bosstbone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE(california_dave @ Apr 27 2008, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks all for the ideas and support.  I did actually get on the eliptical trainer for 20 minutes yesterday and was able to do it by not paying attention to the exercise but to the episode of Will & Grace that I was watching at the same time.  

So perhaps the easiest way to accomplish this is to do another activity and have the "E" word be the multi-tasking that is going on rather than the purpose for being in the room.

Dave

awesome dave I think you got it!

Come watch!

#11 EddieW

EddieW

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 05:36 PM

Hey guys.  I'm in New York City.  Feeling pretty good on the program.  I'm on my 8th week and have lost 22 pounds so far.  I think the key for me has been getting my fat bum back in the gym.  Hoping to feel comfortable in shorts by summertime!

Eddie

#12 fabixavi

fabixavi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:36 AM

i know everyone has been trying their shorts on in cali. ONE day it's SPRING the next it's SUMMER. dear lord.
well eddie i hope everything goes well this week, and good job on the 22 pds

#13 bosstbone

bosstbone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 10:02 AM

QUOTE(fabixavi @ Apr 30 2008, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i know everyone has been trying their shorts on in cali. ONE day it's SPRING the next it's SUMMER. dear lord.
well eddie i hope everything goes well this week, and good job on the 22 pds

Did we all go away?

Come watch!

#14 fabixavi

fabixavi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 12:51 PM

no why.

okay so i have failed at eating the food religiously the last 3 weeks but im going to go for it again.

#15 california_dave

california_dave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 05:31 PM

Ok, so here I am for my weekly check in with the group.  Welcome Eddie and Congrats on the loss so far!!  I'm down about 20 pounds since I've started, but still have a ways to go.

For those of you trying to get me to exercise (yuk), please note that I exercised 5 of the past 7 days.  Now the frustrating part is that with all the exercise I actually gained .8 pounds.  I was expecting to walk in and weigh in way below my last weigh in, not to gain!!!!

I will not give up.  I will master this yet.  Stay tuned for results next week.  This should be a challenge as I'm gone to Vegas to see Cher in her opening night show at Ceaser's Palace (yay!!) and then on to Ohio for a presentation, so off the JC food for 4 days this week.  Yikes!

Dave

#16 stuart98136

stuart98136

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 01:18 AM

QUOTE(california_dave @ May 4 2008, 01:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, so here I am for my weekly check in with the group.  Welcome Eddie and Congrats on the loss so far!!  I'm down about 20 pounds since I've started, but still have a ways to go.

For those of you trying to get me to exercise (yuk), please note that I exercised 5 of the past 7 days.  Now the frustrating part is that with all the exercise I actually gained .8 pounds.  I was expecting to walk in and weigh in way below my last weigh in, not to gain!!!!

I will not give up.  I will master this yet.  Stay tuned for results next week.  This should be a challenge as I'm gone to Vegas to see Cher in her opening night show at Ceaser's Palace (yay!!) and then on to Ohio for a presentation, so off the JC food for 4 days this week.  Yikes!

Dave

Hey Everyone,

I've been on the program for eight weeks now and I really like it. I only get around to web forums in the middle of the night when I should be asleep, so I'm lazy with the profile and photos, etc.

Reading these posts has been very supportive.

I will check back in again soon.

stuart (Southwest Seattle)
stuart98136

#17 california_dave

california_dave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 05:24 AM

Hey Stuart!

Glad to see that there are more of us out there using JC !  Hopefully you will have the success on your program that you desire!  As you can see you aren't alone, so feel free to ***** and moan with the rest of us!     tongue.gif  

Making a lifestyle change is not an easy thing to do.  I think the frustrating part is that it never comes off fast enough.  If only there was a magic pill to make it all go away.  As you probably read, I hate exercise more than anything.  But, I've decided to get past it and make my best effort to get through it.

Best of luck to you on your journey.  Check in from time to time as it helps us all to not feel alone on this journey.

Dave

#18 Guest_capricorn71_*

Guest_capricorn71_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2008 - 04:23 PM

Hey Guys...

Donald here in Los angeles....Okay West Hollywood( how cliche) lol...I have been on JC for about 5 weeks and have lost 25lbs...after my sunday weigh in...

I started out at 348 and now am 321.5 so I guess I am doing good...get down sometimes.... guess that is just part of the lifestyle change I guess...

Funny thing is I haven't found any other gay guys doing it...except appearently all of you guys...which BTW all of you are rockin'  on the program...!

#19 fabixavi

fabixavi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 05:36 PM

it sounds like ur rockin the prgm. wow 25 lbs thats just great. i just started again on Sunday too.
hope everything goes well and that you keep on going strong.

#20 Guest_capricorn71_*

Guest_capricorn71_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2008 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE(fabixavi @ Jun 9 2008, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it sounds like ur rockin the prgm. wow 25 lbs thats just great. i just started again on Sunday too.
hope everything goes well and that you keep on going strong.

Thanks man...it has been a struggle especially being Samoan and all...had to come to grips with that I will never be 197.....

Like Queen Latifah says I want to be a size healthier...lol

DA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users