1667 replies to this topic

#1 FatLoser

FatLoser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 09:12 AM

VB has inspired so many of us to finally let out our inner- skinny girl. I've been nagging Jenny's web master for a while to start this thread so this is wonderful! If you need a laugh, some encouragement, or just to know that you're not alone and can tell us whatever...visit the Vals Pals thread under "New Members." btw, I've asked that they pull that thread over here so that we can all have one place to meet, but JC web stuff seems to move pretty slowly (except we faithful posters!). Fat Loser (which is meant to be descriptive, factual, not mean

#2 yayicalledjenny

yayicalledjenny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 12:10 PM

Howdy!
Here's what I posted on the "other" Val's Pals just in case we are all moving here to our new home:
YAY! Thanks, babyleaps for posting the link to my most favorite Van Halen song. The lyrics are the greatest and have always gotten me out of any funk I've been in. I think Van Halen's "RIGHT NOW" just has to be the OFFICIAL VAL'S PALS ANTHEM!!!
Skinny girl is surviving the weekend so far. She's got on her boots and fully loaded with JC food, fresh produce and most important, an outstanding determined attitude! I got in 45 minutes on the elliptical plus leg weight work yesterday and today I'll be running 5 miles on my treadmill. I have to run 10 miles with my running buddy tomorrow then we head off to San Diego next weekend for the Marathon I know I'll get my 10,000 steps in this weekend!

Sounds like all you fine fabulous Pals are doing great this weekend as well. KEEP IT UP YA'LL!!!

FL - Way to go keeping Skinny girl in charge; you ROCK! Also, I discovered the wishbone spritzers a couple of weeks ago and love, love them. I like the balsamic and red wine vinegar the most.
Check in with you gals later...

#3 yayicalledjenny

yayicalledjenny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 12:12 PM

Howdy!
Here's what I posted on the "other" Val's Pals just in case we are all moving here to our new home:
YAY! Thanks, babyleaps for posting the link to my most favorite Van Halen song. The lyrics are the greatest and have always gotten me out of any funk I've been in. I think Van Halen's "RIGHT NOW" just has to be the OFFICIAL VAL'S PALS ANTHEM!!!
Skinny girl is surviving the weekend so far. She's got on her boots and fully loaded with JC food, fresh produce and most important, an outstanding determined attitude! I got in 45 minutes on the elliptical plus leg weight work yesterday and today I'll be running 5 miles on my treadmill. I have to run 10 miles with my running buddy tomorrow then we head off to San Diego next weekend for the Marathon I know I'll get my 10,000 steps in this weekend!

Sounds like all you fine fabulous Pals are doing great this weekend as well. KEEP IT UP YA'LL!!!

FL - Way to go keeping Skinny girl in charge; you ROCK! Also, I discovered the wishbone spritzers a couple of weeks ago and love, love them. I like the balsamic and red wine vinegar the most.
Check in with you gals later...

#4 ImaLuzin

ImaLuzin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 01:02 PM

Hey, I'm here now too! Let the party begin! Fatchick hosted a bbq today, skinny girl made a nice veggie tray.
Happy Memorial Day. Here's to the brave men and women who have fought and given the ultimate sacrifice for our nation....The least I can do is to give up a little ice cream, right?

#5 Tam7

Tam7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 05:06 AM

Hi Everyone,
I decided to jump in here. I started JC May 14, so starting my 3rd week on the program today. So far, so good. Even made it thru a weekend trip 'back home' and sat across from my sister in law at a Mexican food restaurant (my weakness). I ate my JC food as I watched her pig out. I expected to feel deprived, but instead ended up grossed out. It was like watching my 'old self'. I guess that was my skinny girl coming out. A win for me.
Thanks for the laughs --
Tammy

#6 FatLoser

FatLoser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 08:56 AM

Tam7, wow, I had the same feeling watching people eat funnel cake, greasy burgers, soggy fries and wads of beer. Just grossed out. I was off plan yesterday but tried to stay within the calories. New challenge is to try to make some of our family favorites without as many calories...using egg whites instead of entire egg, using spray butter for flavor rather than a big glob of butter and using string cheese or parmesan rather than the higher fat varieties.
On the other Val's Pals thread, I asked if everyone wants to just post here, so let us know so that we all stick together like gooey brownies...Jenny's of course!
Song for today: "Owner of a Loney Heart" by Yes (remember them????). Song starts out with "move yourself" and keeps you accountable for your choices! I love it as the second or third song in my Vals Pals playlist!

#7 readingteacher

readingteacher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 04:11 PM

Fat Loser - I think the thread should just move here. Someone suggested, on the old thread, that you announce when we're moving and then we can all move over here. I'll still check the other thread, but plan on writing here.
OK - I have BIG news! DH and I weighed in today and in 4 weeks, I have lost 12.2 pounds and DH has lost 14.8!! We were sooooo excited when we left the centre!
We left the centre with our food (complete with the new cookies and creme anytime bars - our JCC says they're awesome - we'll find out tomorrow). We have a challenge this coming Saturday night, but we've planned for it, so we should be OK. We're so psyched about how well we're doing.
We did REALLY well with our festival on Saturday - ate only JC food, except for a steak, broccoli, and small baked potato on the way home. All that greasy fair food was calling my name, but I didn't listen. Guess I have my own "skinny girl" inside of me, like you have talked about.
Sunday we had a 40th b'day party to go to, but we took fruit. Actually we didn't eat anything at all - we just had diet pepsi and then ate at home later. We couldn't believe we did it - but it wasn't too hard. It's funny how some things are harder to not partake in than others. But we're staying strong, so hopefully we'll continue. I told our JCC today that coming to the boards daily has kept me accountable and has helped me stay on program. So, thanks all of you! Have a GREAT Tuesday!

#8 CathyinSC

CathyinSC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 05:17 PM

I've got a terrible headache and can't really post, but I just wanted y'all to know that I'm here now, too.
Will post tomorrow!
Half day at school! Can y'all say yipee!!!!!
Cathy

#9 FatLoser

FatLoser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 06:26 PM

Agreed, we'll fiind our new Tenacity home here and leave the old Val's Pals where it is...still has good funny stuff tho! Cathy, sorry about the brain pain and hope it's better and ready to deal with the 8th Graders tomorrow! Readingteach & her DJ: you guys rock and wow, remember this song "You've lost that lovin' feeling"...I was thinking for y'all "You've lost that love-handle feeling!" Any other original VP's lurking elsewhere...let's let them know we've moved to Val's Pals. A bunch of pages back on the old thread someone referenced being able to hook the bazooka bra to the middle hooks...me too, and that made me happy
I don't expect a loss tomorrow as it's been a weird week. But, I refuse to give up, so it is what it is and I've been good today. I'll be good tomorrow and will add the extra half hour to the walk. Cathy WI's tomorrow with me, and MLVSmom is Wednesday...anyone else on Wed that we need to send the losing vibes to????

#10 Cin D

Cin D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 11:28 PM

Good Morning Pals...
Hi Ho it's off to work I go....made the jump over here.
Reading Teacher...Congratulations to you and your husband. Awesome!!!
Good Vibes to all who still have to weigh in for the week....Get those Boots on and kick the fat girl out! Skinny girl wants to wear a pair of strappy sandals for the summer.
Have a great day all!

#11 ValeriesFan1961

ValeriesFan1961

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 11:44 PM

Hello everyone, well this is D day. I'm afraid this is my last attempt at trying to lose weight. My food arrived yesterday and my new life style started this morning. I am going to need lots of encouragement because I am at my wits end. I am so discusted in myself that I can't even stand to look in the mirror to put on my make-up in the morning. I have to lose at least 54 lbs. It going to be a long haul and to make things even worse I badly sprained my foot on Friday, which is going to make it almost impossible to get in my steps. But I am determined and I know that with the help of my fellow dieters I have a really good shot at reaching my goal and staying there. Talk to you all later and have a great day.

#12 melyk69

melyk69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 01:14 AM

I weigh in Wednesday, too...send those vibes my way! You guys are so funny...I enjoyed your posts in the other pages. Ok if I join you?! I can relate to the comical support!

#13 Yankeegirl631

Yankeegirl631

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 01:50 AM

Good Morning VP's
FL- I am here and glad to be back with everyone.
Reading Teacher- Way to go to you & DH~~very nice job.
Cathy-- Hope your brain ache(as my daughter calls them) feels better.
Fan1961-- You can do it. We are all here for your support system. I have 60 I want to lose, so I know where you are coming from. Everyone on this thread has many ideas how to get over a hurddle.
Melyk69--Welcome.
OKAY~~ first time since I started JC that it's TOM. How do you get over the cravings for salt. I threw out a whole bag of chips-in outside garbage so I don't eat them. What have any of you substituted for the salt?
Need to get some work done that I did not do over weekend, will check back later.
Randie

#14 CathyinSC

CathyinSC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 01:59 AM

I'm so disgusted with myself. Big Mama was in complete control this weekend - I was afraid Skinny had evacuated for good. However, she was back this morning, encouraging me to eat a proper JC breakfast and get back on track. I think I saw Big Mama slinking off, but still observing, waiting for her chance to come back.
I'm not even going to WI today - I'm afraid a terrible number will have a disasterous effect on my pscyhe. It's a 45 minute drive one way, and I've still got plenty of food, seeing that I didn't eat correctly this weekend. I think I'll WI Friday or Saturday. Maybe it won't be so disappointing by then!
Skinny Girl is ready to put on her new exercise clothes and shoes and break them in tonight!
I remembered those that gave their lives so that we can enjoy the freedoms that I teach my students about. I've recently started going out with a really nice guy, and we went to a band concert at the Augusta, GA Riverwalk. Very moving and patriotic.
Skinny Girl really wants to come out so that she can feel desirable, but Big Mama says we're desirable enough - eat, drink and be merry. While occasionally those three things can live in harmony, too much of the first two can wipe out the last one!
On a different note - are any of you in relationships with someone who is significantly older? There's a pretty big age difference between me and my new beau - I've ALWAYS been attacted to older men - but I'm curious about the pitfalls that might come up and the chance of success. BTW - he confirms Big Mama's opinion about being desirable enough. Big Mama didn't mention anything to him about it, but his persistent efforts made both Big Mama AND Skinny Girl feel good about themselves! Men! Nationwide, they are ALL the same! Neither SG nor BM is ready to burn calories THAT way, but SG wants to be ready when she is!
I'll be checking in through-out the day!
Have a great one!
Cathy

#15 ImaLuzin

ImaLuzin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 02:32 AM

Good morning pals! Cathy, I'm so sorry that you are feeling bad...but you have to put that behind you and just do it today, you know you can! My weekend included a little too much apple pie, but you know, I'm just going to have to deal with that and drink it away...WATER girls.
I get a little extra boost to my holiday weekend, off to shop with my girlfriends...guilty pleasures!
Have a great and healthy day ladies.

#16 attagirl

attagirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 02:52 AM

Good morning everyone!
Made the jump over and just wanted to let ya know!
Gonna go eat some breakfast and get ready for the day! Talk to you guys later! Have a great Jenny morning!

#17 Tam7

Tam7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 03:07 AM

Cathy,
Be careful with skipping your WI. You know yourself best. I know for me that is how fat mama starts winning. Sometimes its better to take your beatin' and keep going.
Good luck with what ever you choose and good luck to all those headed out to WI.
Tammy

#18 CathyinSC

CathyinSC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 03:22 AM

Tam - You know, you're right. Actually, that's how Big Mama moved in in the first place. For years, I had been a daily or at the very least weekly, die hard scale watcher. Last summer after vacation w/o my scale, I came home, sensed that I had gained a few, and told myself that I didn't want to see it - I would cut back and jump on the scale the next week. Well, that way of thinking was Big Mama's real estate agent in disguise! She promptly moved in and brought 31 pounds with her!
Thanks for helping me see the light! That's what these message boards are for!
Cathy

#19 attagirl

attagirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 04:06 AM

Hey Cathy-
Regarding your dating an older man question...
My husband was 13 years older than me....and he was the very best! I miss him like crazy and don't see any pitfalls in dating an older man. Best decision of my life! Good luck to you and your sweetie! I am now seeing someone who is 8 years older....guess I like 'em silver haired too
Talk to ya later!

#20 rosesmile

rosesmile

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 04:10 AM

how was everyone's weekend? it's my 4th week and i found this weekend was the hardest by far. partly because out of ordinary routines we were out of town. i tried to stick to JC all weekend and one day had my MOMO and then again last night. i think i did ok,the scale will tell all tonite.. but if anything i probably underate on the days i did momo's because i was afraid to go over..
but back on today but i found i was craving things other than JC!! it was soo hard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users