• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Jaci - New Year New You Winner

Jaci - New Year New You Winner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 01:47 AM

Well .. here's a stab in the dark. Are there any other widows or widowers out there on the Jenny Craig program?? It would be great to connect with you and offer each other not only support during our weight loss journey .. but to help get through some of those blue periods too.
I'm here for anyone who just wants to talk! Feel free to send PM's!

#2 DenaGal

DenaGal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE(Jaci - New Year New You Winner @ Nov 5 2007, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well .. here's a stab in the dark. Are there any other widows or widowers out there on the Jenny Craig program?? It would be great to connect with you and offer each other not only support during our weight loss journey .. but to help get through some of those blue periods too.

Hi - I see you posted this some time ago, but I just started back up and was looking over the posts and saw this. I lost my husband 8 years ago and have an 8 year old daughter. Although I have had food issues for years and years, I really seem to be losing the battle and the weight has slowly crept up. It would be good to support each other through this!!
Dena
DenaGal

#3 big momma

big momma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 10:53 AM

QUOTE(Jaci - New Year New You Winner @ Nov 5 2007, 01:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey, I just started on Jenny Craig and this is my first day on the website. My husband passed away about 6 months ago and I have two children at home. Since my husband's death I have found comfort in food - which has not been very good. My name is Kathy if you want to chat some time.

#4 chai tea

chai tea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 05:11 AM

Hello from Chai Tea., yes I am and I know that being healthy is the most important thing for yourself and for your family that needs you. Stay strong., keep in touch.
please visit my web page at www.marykay.com/fwollner for all the latest makeup, skincare, gifts for all occasions etc.

#5 kbjc

kbjc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:02 PM

Does anyone still respond to this thread? I am a widow...I lost my husband in July of 2007 and have used food as a comfort! I know that he would neve want this for me...plus, I was left pregnant. My son will soon be 1 year old and I am tired! I need more energy! It would be nice to have ya'll's support!

#6 chai tea

chai tea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:06 PM

Hello from Chai Tea, Happy New Year., If you want to assist in bringing back the veggie burger you have to keep up the writing, emailing etc. There is a company called LightLife Foods and they make a lot of the veggie products that I use. I have a receipe for veggie meatballs and whole wheat pasta. 2 to 4oz of veggie meat., low sodium diced tomato sauce and 4 to 6 oz of whole wheat pasta. It makes a really nice dish for lunch or dinner. Hope this helps. and Happy New Year from Chai Tea
please visit my web page at www.marykay.com/fwollner for all the latest makeup, skincare, gifts for all occasions etc.

#7 chai tea

chai tea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE(DenaGal @ Feb 15 2008, 03:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi - I see you posted this some time ago, but I just started back up and was looking over the posts and saw this. I lost my husband 8 years ago and have an 8 year old daughter. Although I have had food issues for years and years, I really seem to be losing the battle and the weight has slowly crept up. It would be good to support each other through this!!
Dena

#8 chai tea

chai tea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:09 PM

Hi, Newbie from Chai Tea, my family is all grown up. I love vegetarian food and making my own things. I recently went back to the Jenny Plan eating all the meals. My schedule is so hectic I just did not have time to cook my own things. I hope in the spring time all will settle down. But for now this is it. and I have been attempting to get Jenny Craig to bring back the veggie burger. Keep up the good work stay strong., Chai Tea

#9 Dina Hill

Dina Hill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 10:47 AM

Hi, I'm Dina. I'm 52 years old. I have been widowed almost 10 years (March 28th). If any of you are interested, there is a message board that I participate on for Widows/Widowers. It's called Widownet.
www.widownet.org (check out the message board)

I'm at work now so I can't chat but I'm around sometimes in the evenings. Feel free to e-mail me if you like. I have been on JC since September 10th.

Take care.

Love,
Dina

Dina
Started JC on September 10, 2008
Plantation, FL
52 years old

#10 YliennasMomma

YliennasMomma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

Old thread but worth a reply. I'm 27 and lost my fiancÚ in 2007. We were mugged and he was murdered in front if me. I was a chubby girl at the time but really dive into comfort food for about two years following. I'm here if anyone wants to talk.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Week 1 8/15/12: - 4.2

Week 2 8/22/12: - 3.8

I also blog my journey at

www.melissaonjenny.blogspot.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users