150 replies to this topic

#141 firegal

firegal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 03:07 AM

Now that summer is over, I hope everyone enjoyed it. Now it's back to the routine and everything else. Hope everyone's love life is moving along, too. Henry moved in about 3 weeks ago, and so far so good. It seems so natural to have him there, like it was meant to be.
Hope to hear from everyone soon.
Laura

#142 firegal

firegal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 08:48 AM

Holly: Enjoy those moments. My daughter is 19, and she grew up way too fast for my taste. Now she's pretty much on her own, and I'm lucky if she comes for dinner. Glad to hear things with Dusty are good. At least you gained for happy reasons!!

#143 Adiamon

Adiamon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 09:13 PM

Divorced for 7 years. Have 13 year old daughter and 15 year old son. Just joined JC and looking for support from other single / divorced parents that have the extra challenge added to each day.

#144 beth123

beth123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 05:35 AM

Hi Adiamon, Looks like this thread has begun to lag, but I enjoyed reading it. These gals have a lot on the ball. I'm a single mom since 2001 with a 16 year old son. I've been on JC before, lost all my weight, but over the years gradually gained it all back and more. I'm 52 and am tired of avoiding the mirror and hiding from the camera, so I'm back in the program. I have a great counselor, AJ, and am going in for my third weigh-in on Monday. I decided Mondays were best for me, so I didn't splurge over the weekends. Over the years, I've let eating become my favorite "default" activity. I've spent these first few weeks on JC thinking about what I used to enjoy doing when I was more active. Its time to reprogram!! I hope you are enjoying the program and find this thread. Maybe we can keep each other company along the way. Good luck. Beth.

#145 fyergal

fyergal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:55 AM

Well, summer is getting closer, and I'm getting closer to my goal. I changed it down another 5 pounds, and I have 3 pounds left to lose. I'm finally starting to feel good about myself again. I've been splurging on some new clothes, and that always helps you feel good. How is everyone out there doing?

#146 tg1fr1day

tg1fr1day

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:59 PM

Hi everyone! I'm divorced too, about 3 years or so. I've got 4 kiddos, daughter who is 11 and three boys 5,7,9. I'm extremely busy. I've been fitting in the gym just fine but its the night time eating, snacking really that is killing me.
For my first weigh in I lost 2.4 pounds, which surprised me because I did not follow the plan all the time. I'm skipping tomorrow's weigh in because I've gained 3 pounds. I ate goldfish like there was no tomorrow last night. I want and need to do this but its like I'm sabotaging (sp) myself.

I haven't dated much and certainly have dated in the last year. I guess its a dry spell but its hard to meet people with four children.

i'm so glad you started this post Holly, I live in Humble, Texas, on the other side of Houston.

#147 jewels2

jewels2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 11:51 AM

single mom of 7 year old daughter. starting tomarrow very scared. done jenny 19years ago and lost 50 pounds. didn't keep it off for long gained 150ponds more then lost it again with support system. then my dad passed away then i quit my job to go back to school fulltime so alot of changes in my life i couldn't handle. so this is my time now to start back on taking care of myself.

#148 momofgoodboys

momofgoodboys

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 11:45 AM

Congrats on focusing on yourself! Three boys probably take up alot of your time and I know because I have three myself. Remeber without you being healthy you can't be there for them!

#149 LEXI01520

LEXI01520

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE(tg1fr1day @ Apr 30 2008, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi everyone! I'm divorced too, about 3 years or so. I've got 4 kiddos, daughter who is 11 and three boys 5,7,9. I'm extremely busy. I've been fitting in the gym just fine but its the night time eating, snacking really that is killing me.
For my first weigh in I lost 2.4 pounds, which surprised me because I did not follow the plan all the time. I'm skipping tomorrow's weigh in because I've gained 3 pounds. I ate goldfish like there was no tomorrow last night. I want and need to do this but its like I'm sabotaging (sp) myself.

I haven't dated much and certainly have dated in the last year. I guess its a dry spell but its hard to meet people with four children.

i'm so glad you started this post Holly, I live in Humble, Texas, on the other side of Houston.

HI, I'M LEXI, I JOINED JENNY ON JUNE 29TH ..RECENTLY DIVORCED AFTER 11 YEARS AND HAVE 2 BOYS 8 AND 4.. I MOVED BACK TO MY HOME TOWN AND STARTED RUNNING INTO MY OLD FRIENDS .I WAS SO EMBARASSED AS TO WHAT I ALLOWED MYSELF TO DO TO THIS BODY... I HAVE ALWAYS THOUGHT OF MYSELF AS BEAUTIFUL BUT BIG.. I KNOW ALL ABOUT THE SABOTAGE SYNDROME!!! I WAS A MEMBER OF WEIGHT WATCHERS FOR 3 YEARS AND PLAYED AROUND WITH THE SAME 7 LBS THE ENTIRE TIME GAINING 3 LOSING 5 .BACK AND FORTH... I WAS STILL REWARDING MY GOOD WEEKS WITH FOOD.... I DECIDED I HAD TO DO SOMETHING... I WAS AT MY ALL TIME HIGH OF 259 AND WANTED TO DIE EVERYTIME I LOOKED AT THE SCALE OR MY VERY LARGE CLOSET WITH SIZES RANGING FROM 14 TO 20..I AM NOW ON WEEK 5 AND HAVE LOST CLOSE TO 12 LBS SO FAR..I DID THE SAME THINGS YOU HAVE DESCRIBED I EVEN WANTED TO CANCEL MY CENTER VISIT LAST WEEK BECAUSE I WAS OFF TRACK AND ATE ALOT OF FOOD THAT WASN'T ON MY MENU... WELL I SUCKED IT UP AND WENT AND TURNED OUT I LOST 3.5 LBS...I HAD FELT SO HORRIBLE ALL WEEK LONG AND BEEN SO TOUGH ON MYSELF ..HURT MY SOUL...ALL THAT TO GO IN AND FIND OUT I HAD BEEN BEATING MYSELF UP FOR NOTHING..I DID WELL..... I PROMISED MYSELF NOT TO MISS MY CENTER VISITS NO MATTER WHAT! TRY IT... YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO..BE ACOUNTABLE TO YOURSELF..SMALL VICTORIES! JUST GOING ISN'T GOING TO MAKE YOU SEE THE SCALE HOW YOU WANT IT HOWEVER IT IS A START AND SHOWS YOU ARE COMMITED TO YOURSELF REGARDLESS OF WHAT THE NUMBER IS... THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR STORY HELPED ME TODAY..WE CAN DO IT

#150 Melanie D

Melanie D

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:59 AM

QUOTE(2CMEAGAIN @ Apr 6 2007, 05:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi!<BR>I'm a divorced mom of 3 boys.<BR>I restarted the JC program 2 weeks ago & am looking for support buddies.<BR>Here's to our health!

Hi, I am divorced with two girls. Not easy and seems to create a lot of binge/emotional eating for me. How are you doing on the program? i have been on it three weeks. Melanie from Atlanta

#151 kelymarie35

kelymarie35

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:34 AM

Hi. Im a single mom . I have been on jenny for a few weeks now. I feel a difference but need motivation :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users