• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LorrynBaby

LorrynBaby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 04:55 PM

I am lactose intolerant and was just switched to a 1500 calories a day from 1700. The menu has changed slightly so I am wondering what a substitute for 1 - 2 oz cheese would be. I do everything online and do not have any substitutions list. I have soy cheese, but it doesn't go well with the fruit Jenny couples it with. Perhaps you could tell me how much lactaid milk would be an equivalent to or yoghurt???
Help please

#2 JC Dietitian 2

JC Dietitian 2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 05:52 AM

Thanks for writing!
If you'd rather not have the cheese listed on the menu, you can substitute any of the items listed under the "Lean Meat" section of your Jenny's Grocery List. Jenny's Grocery List is found in the back of your Success Made Simple Manual or there's a little pocket guide available. If you do not have either, please talk to your consultant about getting one.
If a lean meat serving doesn't sound very appealing with the fruit, you could always substitute 1 cup of lactaid milk or yogurt for the cheese listed on the menu. Another option would be to move the cheese to another snack or meal, and move one of your other grocery foods with the fruit. You can feel free to move any of the foods around to suit your personal taste.
Best wishes!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users