18 replies to this topic

#1 Catgrrl

Catgrrl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 09:20 AM

After weeks of printing off my weekly menus and then transcribing my order to an order form by hand after, I got to thinking. I think it would make things a lot more efficient if when printing your menus from the online menu planner that you could print off a completed order form as well and eliminate the extra step. While the shopping list is nice, a full completed order form saves a lot of steps and time. I like my forms filled out prior to the consultation so I have more time for just that, a consultation rather than filling a grocery order.

#2 JC Community Manager

JC Community Manager

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 09:45 AM

Thank you for your suggestion!

#3 carley

carley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 10:59 AM

Ohh Catgirl - That is an excellant idea! It would really simplify the ordering process. You could then turn it in at the beginning of your consult and the order could be pulled by the time you leave.
Good suggestion!

#4 amayagab

amayagab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 11:08 AM

i'm lost- you fill in your order at your center? I print mine at home and read it off to my JCC and she fills it out. That's how it should be!

#5 Catgrrl

Catgrrl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 11:25 AM

I fill out my order at home, so I need to only hand it to my consultant when I get to my consultation. Reading it out to my consultant wastes valuable consultation time mho. All I'm asking for is when my menu prints off my printer, that the completed order form does as well to save me transcribing it by hand.

#6 Trix

Trix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 01:32 PM

Great idea Catgrrl!

#7 heart33

heart33

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 02:10 AM

I think that is a great idea. I find that sometimes my consultant is in such a rush to fill out the order form, that she isn't listening to what I am saying and willing to keep talking to me about the issues. As a result, she terminates the most valuable part of JC-the consultation part.
This would help eliminate all of the above. JC should consider this great idea.

#8 amayagab

amayagab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 11:21 AM

Catgrrl, I thought that you meant your consultant made you fill out your own form when you were at your appt. That's a good idea! It does tend to take away from the actual appt.

#9 SunshineHappiness

SunshineHappiness

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 09:01 AM

w/the online menu planner, it already prints out a second page which incl. a list of the JC foods. The order form idea is great. But technically, they could just add the product code next to it. Ex. Sunshine sandwich (364). Consultants could invoice the food from that page as long as the 3 digit codes are on it.

#10 Jennifer_Dallas

Jennifer_Dallas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 10:45 AM

Ok, this IS the technological age---the BEST solution to our cutting out valuable time with our consultants would be to do the online menu planner and then hit a "submit" button (like you're placing an amazon.com order). You could then print your menu and the order gets electronically transferred to your centre in time for your consultation. Then, no messing with order taking at all. Your consultant would come in first thing every day and print out her client list with their submitted orders. POOF, DONE. No order taking and a full consultation available for us all.

#11 booboonbem

booboonbem

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 03:24 PM

What a great idea!!! Is someone from JC listening?????
quote:
Originally posted by Jennifer_Dallas:
Ok, this IS the technological age---the BEST solution to our cutting out valuable time with our consultants would be to do the online menu planner and then hit a "submit" button (like you're placing an amazon.com order). You could then print your menu and the order gets electronically transferred to your centre in time for your consultation. Then, no messing with order taking at all. Your consultant would come in first thing every day and print out her client list with their submitted orders. POOF, DONE. No order taking and a full consultation available for us all.

#12 JC Community Manager

JC Community Manager

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 04:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by booboonbem:
What a great idea!!! Is someone from JC listening?????

We certainly are. Thank you again for the suggestions.

#13 Dawn in VA Beach

Dawn in VA Beach

DAWN IN VA BEACH

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 04:48 AM

Sometimes when I know I'm going to be pressed for time, I will call my consultant the night before and give her my order and credit card info. I did that last night and when I went to the center all the food was already packaged, paid for and waiting for me. I don't know if each center is as accomodating, but mine doesn't seem to mind.
Just a thought.
Dawn

#14 kaeliniam

kaeliniam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 02:49 PM

yay - I was going to suggest something similar, and add a step - being able to submit your cc info and actually complete the purchase online. In 2006, there really seems to be no reason NOT to be able to do this - the 'catalog' is already set up with the menu planner - a program would just have to be developed to attach the prices and total. Ecommerce applications are certaintly widely available today.
I find it so strange that centers don't even have email access??? Confirmation calls could easily (for those who choose) be replaced by email reminders, which could even be automated by the center.
Hopefully, Nestle will come in and bring some technological advances!
(You would never guess I am tech geek, would you?)
quote:
Originally posted by Jennifer_Dallas:

#15 LastTime4Me

LastTime4Me

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 01:18 PM

I totally agree with these suggestions! When I first used the menu planner and hit "submit" I thought it was going to send it to my center, but no such luck. It only makes sense. The on-line form could have a box where you fill in the center and time of your next appointment, so that they could have it ready when you get there.

#16 **Boo**

**Boo**

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 07:03 AM

I agree. I always fill out my order online and then end up reading the whole menu to my consultant as she fills out the order form.
It would save alot of my time and hers if along with the menu planner an order form could be printed.
Another comment on the menu planners - I wish that we were able to type the date on the top columns. It would be so much easier when planning my menu because I order differently for weekends than I do on weekdays. I don't understand why there is a date box, but it is not set up to accept entries.

#17 mress67

mress67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 01:58 AM

I'm with Jenny Direct and it would be great if our menu automatically translated to an order and if we could track that order online. It's such an extra step to give it to the counselor and sometimes, they make mistakes.

#18 lmvprov

lmvprov

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 06:10 PM

What a great idea...I hope someone is listening

#19 SkinnyMomWannabe

SkinnyMomWannabe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 02:07 AM

all of these ideas would be soo cool! I hope we see some changes, too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users