• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 lotta73

lotta73

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 02:08 PM

Does anyone know if JC offers a discount for Blue Cross/Blue Shield insurance?

#2 Sannjn

Sannjn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 05:22 PM

I asked my centre about it and they said you could check with your insurance if you get a discount if your physican has recommended it.  I've heard other people (on other message board) say they have gotten a discount through blue cross.  Best way to probably do it is call your centre and ask...then call your insurance and ask.  If you are in the obese range, you could ask your doctor to see if he can get it recommended or have him write a doctors note.  

#3 Ocala Writer

Ocala Writer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 02:19 AM

My center was gracious enough to tell me that if I have BC/BS during my first consult that I would get a discount off the full rewards program.  I think every center is different though, some require you to be referred for the discount (I think).

The best thing to do is tell them going in you have BC/BS and need the insurance discount for the program.  The worst they can say is no.
Good luck!

#4 gwenofair

gwenofair

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 03:00 AM

Actually Jenny Craig doesn't give the discount, blue cross does. They pay the difference to jenny craig,so it is actually in jenny's best interest to tell potential clients about the discount.  They get more clients signed up, and they get the full rewards fee.  It's a win-win situation for everyone...jenny gets more clients, people join on a discount, and blue cross gets healthier subscribers who will turn in less claims.

#5 Brandy-B

Brandy-B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 06:36 AM

I just used my blue cross discount to upgrade to rewards program. It was 20% off and a free pedometer. They had a hard time figuring out how to give me the pedometer because the code didn't work but I still got it.
It was very cool to use the coupon, saved me $19
Hope this helps
-Brandy

#6 cdonahue

cdonahue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 09:55 AM

"Actually Jenny Craig doesn't give the discount, blue cross does. They pay the difference to jenny craig,so it is actually in jenny's best interest to tell potential clients about the discount."
that's not entirely correct...
bc/bs has a partnership with Jenny Craig that allows a discounted rate to bc/bs members. bc/bs does not pay the difference to Jenny Craig, and further, JC has no way of submitting anything to BC/BS about how many people are utilizing this discount. It's merely a corporate partnerships that JC has with them. Unless the centre you are going to is a franchise, the discount should be available across the board. If you go to the BC/BS website you should be able to access this information, under corporate partnerships. Some centres may not tell you about the discount upfront because they want to get more money out of you, or at least that was my experience. I asked about a discount but was told there was none. I brought in the print out from bc/bs and then JC credited me for the discount I should have rcvd. the discount is stated as 50% off the gold program, and 20% off the rewards program- or a free 30 day trial, plus the cost of food.

#7 harederthaniremember

harederthaniremember

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 10:40 AM

Hi-I just joined using BC/BS discount. I got the actual discount coupon off the BC/BS website under discounts. I printed it out and took it to the Jenny center when I joined.  It works like this (at least mine did) - one month FREE (you have to always pay for the food).  50% off of the 6 month program and 20% off the Rewards program.  BC/BS also is in partnership with several gyms so check out what they have to offer.  I think they do something with weight watchers and e diets too.

#8 gwenofair

gwenofair

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 11:16 AM

cdonahue..I stand corrected.  Thanks for the info.

#9 HerbieLuvBug

HerbieLuvBug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 01:21 PM

BC/BS of Massachusetts does NOT give a discount for JC as part of their Healthy Rewards program, they are in cahoots with another program.  Hopefully, some day, they will join the Jenny bandwagon.  I keep asking, but they keep saying "Not yet."

#10 Sannjn

Sannjn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 07:10 AM

I checked the website as someone recommended and found the coupon.  My centre told me that they didn't offer anything but I found the coupon that is for Blue Cross of California members.  Hopefully they will take it.
If anyone is from Calfornia and a BC memeber here is the website to go to.
http://www.bluecrossca.com/wps/portal/chpp...otLevel=1&label  =Health%20Discounts

#11 Sannjn

Sannjn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 10:18 AM

Just wanted to refresh this post...

#12 aheard71

aheard71

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 11:32 AM

I joined for 30 days free plus the cost of food using the Blue Cross discount. If I decide to stay after 30 days, I can still use discount for rewards program or other program offered.

#13 classylassy

classylassy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:00 AM

Thanks so much I got my coupon - will help a lot!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users